trial and error

Sorry about the lack of posting for the last few days, I have been doing some behind the scenes work on the blog.  I have some great holiday posts planned for the next six weeks or so.  In addition to some posts I have planned for Thanksgiving week,  I plan on posting about holiday entertainment, parties, gifts, decorating, and traditions.  I am sure I will also have lots to share about the comings and goings of our family during this holiday season.

I have also  been gathering my supplies and hunting down patterns for my holiday crafts.  I spent a great deal of my free time looking for a stocking pattern that used super-bulky yarn.  After a few hours (spread over a few days) I decided to give up the search and try designing my own pattern. I have never done this before.  I used the socks 101 tutorial at knitty.com  to help me.  It was/is incredibly helpful.  I am using some stockings I found on ravelry as inspiration.  The original pattern can be found here.  I have had to rip them twice because I cast on too many stitches with the bulky yarn.  After about 15 stitches I could tell they were going to be way too big.  Hopefully, my third attempt is more successful.  I'll keep you posted on the progress.





1 comment:

  1. Good Luck with the stockings, you're sooo brave, but I know you'll figure it out in the end! I've decided to eventually teach myself to crochet, I'm trying for a blanket for my son, for Christmas - slightly ambitious maybe, we'll see!

    ReplyDelete